Terms and conditions for the sale of products online to individual consumers
The present general conditions of sale apply to all sales concluded on the SPIRIT OF JUDO website.
Le site Internet https://spiritofjudo.com/ est un service de :
- SEN NO SEN
- 15 BIS RUE JEAN-JACQUES ROUSSEAU 94200 IVRY SUR SEINE, FRANCE
- URL du site : https://spiritofjudo.com/
- e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
- numéro de téléphone : +33 153147465
The website SPIRIT OF JUDO sells the following products: Magazine.
The customer declares to have taken knowledge and to have accepted the general conditions of sale before the placing of his order. The validation of the order is thus worth acceptance of the general conditions of sale.
Article 1 – Principles
The present general conditions express the entirety of the obligations of the parties. In this sense, the buyer is deemed to accept them without reservation.
The present general conditions of sale apply to the exclusion of all other conditions, and in particular those applicable to sales in stores or by means of other distribution and marketing channels.
They are accessible on the SPIRIT OF JUDO website and will prevail, if necessary, over any other version or any other contradictory document.
The seller and the buyer agree that the present general conditions exclusively govern their relationship. The seller reserves the right to modify its general conditions from time to time. They will be applicable as soon as they are put online.
If a condition of sale were to be lacking, it would be considered to be governed by the customs in force in the sector of the remote sale whose companies have their seat in France.
The present general conditions of sale are valid until June 30, 2027.
Article 2 – Content
The purpose of the present general conditions is to define the rights and obligations of the parties in the context of the online sale of goods offered by the seller to the buyer, from the SPIRIT OF JUDO website.
The present conditions only concern purchases made on the SPIRIT OF JUDO website.
These purchases concern the following products: Magazine.
Article 3 – Pre-contractual information
The buyer acknowledges having been informed, prior to placing the order and concluding the contract, in a legible and comprehensible manner, of the present general conditions of sale and of all the information listed in Article L. 221-5 of the Consumer Code.
Are transmitted to the buyer, in a clear and understandable way, the following information:
– the essential characteristics of the good.
– the price of the good and/or the method of calculation of the price.
– in the absence of immediate execution of the contract, the date, or the deadline by which the seller undertakes to deliver the goods, regardless of their price.
– information on the identity of the seller, its postal, telephone and electronic contact details, and its activities, those relating to legal guarantees, the functionalities of the digital content and, where applicable, its interoperability, the existence, and terms of implementation of guarantees and other contractual conditions.
Article 4 – The order
The buyer has the possibility of placing his order online, starting from the catalog online and by means of the form which appears there, for any product, within the limit of stocks available.
The buyer will be informed of any unavailability of the product or good ordered.
In order for the order to be validated, the buyer must accept, by clicking where indicated, the present general conditions. He will also have to choose the address and the mode of delivery, and finally validate the mode of payment.
The sale will be considered final:
– after the sending to the buyer of the confirmation of the acceptance of the order by the salesman by electronic mail.
– and after collection by the seller of the full price.
Any order implies acceptance of the prices and the description of the products available for sale. Any dispute on this point will intervene within the framework of a possible exchange and the guarantees mentioned below.
In certain cases, notably non-payment, erroneous address or other problem on the buyer’s account, the seller reserves the right to block the buyer’s order until the problem is resolved.
For any question relating to the follow-up of an order, the purchaser can call the following telephone number: 0153147465 (cost of a local call), during the following days and hours: from Monday to Friday from 10 am to 1 pm and from 2 pm to 5 pm, or send an e-mail to the seller at the following e-mail address: email@example.com
Article 5 – Electronic signature
The online provision of the buyer’s credit card number and the final validation of the order will be considered proof of the buyer’s agreement:
– Payability of the sums due under the purchase order.
– signature and express acceptance of all operations carried out.
In case of fraudulent use of the bank card, the buyer is invited, as soon as this use is noticed, to contact the seller at the following telephone number: 0153147465.
Article 6 – Order confirmation
The seller provides the buyer with an order confirmation by e-mail.
Article 7 – Proof of the transaction
The computerized registers, kept in the computer systems of the seller in reasonable conditions of security, will be considered as proof of communications, orders, and payments between the parties. The archiving of purchase orders and invoices is made on a reliable and durable support that can be produced as evidence.
Article 8 – Product information
The products governed by the present general conditions are those which appear on the seller’s website and which are indicated as sold and shipped by the seller. They are offered within the limits of available stocks.
The products are described and presented with the greatest possible accuracy. However, if errors or omissions have occurred in this presentation, the responsibility of the seller could not be engaged.
The photographs of the products are not contractual.
Article 9 – Prices
The seller reserves the right to modify its prices at any time but undertakes to apply the prices in force at the time of the order, subject to availability on that date.
The prices are indicated in euros. They do not take into account the delivery costs, invoiced in supplement, and indicated before the validation of the order. The prices take into account the VAT applicable on the day of the order and any change in the applicable VAT rate will automatically be reflected in the price of the products in the online store.
If one or more taxes or contributions, in particular environmental, were to be created or modified, in rise as in fall, this change could be reflected on the selling price of the products.
Article 10 – Method of payment
It is an order with obligation of payment, which means that the placing of the order implies a payment of the buyer.
To pay for his order, the buyer has at his choice, all the payment methods made available by the seller and listed on the seller’s website. The purchaser guarantees to the salesman that he has the authorizations possibly necessary to use the method of payment chosen by him, at the time of the validation of the purchase order. The seller reserves the right to suspend any order processing and any delivery in case of refusal of authorization of payment by credit card from the officially accredited organizations or in case of non-payment. The seller reserves the right to refuse to make a delivery or to honour an order from a buyer who has not paid in full or in part a previous order or with whom a payment dispute is being administered.
The payment of the price is carried out in totality with the day of the order, according to the following methods: bank card.
Article 11 – Availability of products – Refund – Resolution
Except in cases of force majeure or during periods of closure of the online store that will be clearly announced on the homepage of the site, the shipping times will be, within the limits of available stocks, those indicated below. The delivery time starts from the date of registration of the order indicated on the order confirmation email.
For all deliveries, the deadline is 48 hours from the day after the buyer has placed his order, as follows: by mail.
In case of non-compliance with the date or time of delivery agreed, the buyer shall, before breaking the contract, instruct the seller to execute it within a reasonable additional time.
If the Seller fails to do so within this new period, the Buyer may freely withdraw from the contract.
The purchaser shall complete these successive formalities by registered letter with acknowledgement of receipt or by writing on another durable medium.
The contract will be considered as resolved upon receipt by the seller of the letter or writing informing him of this resolution unless the professional has performed in the meantime.
The buyer may however immediately cancel the contract if the dates or deadlines mentioned above constitute an essential condition of the contract for him.
In this case, when the contract is terminated, the seller is obliged to reimburse the buyer for the totality of the sums paid, at the latest within 14 days of the date on which the contract was terminated.
In case of unavailability of the ordered product, the buyer will be informed as soon as possible and will have the possibility to cancel his order. The buyer will then have the choice of requesting either a refund of the sums paid within 14 days at the latest of their payment, or the exchange of the product.
Article 12 – Terms of delivery
The delivery means the transfer to the consumer of the physical possession or control of the good. The ordered products are delivered according to the modalities and the time specified above.
The products are delivered to the address indicated by the purchaser on the order form, the purchaser will have to take care of its exactitude.
Article 13 – Delivery errors
The purchaser shall file with the seller on the day of delivery or at the latest on the first working day following delivery, any claim of error of delivery and/or non-conformity of the products in kind or in quality compared to the indications on the order form. Any claim made after this deadline will be rejected.
The claim can be made, at the choice of the buyer:
– by telephone at the following number: 0153147465.
– by e-mail to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Any complaint not carried out in the rules defined above and within the time limits could not be taken into account and will release the salesman from any responsibility towards the purchaser.
Upon receipt of the claim, the seller will assign an exchange number for the product(s) concerned and will communicate it by e-mail to the buyer. The exchange of a product can only take place after the exchange number has been assigned.
Article 14 – Product warranty
14-1 Legal warranty of conformity
The seller is the guarantor of the conformity of the goods sold to the contract, allowing the buyer to make a claim under the legal guarantee of conformity provided for in Articles L. 217-4 and following of the Consumer Code.
In case of implementation of the legal guarantee of conformity, it is recalled that:
– the buyer has a period of 2 years from the delivery of the goods to act.
– the buyer can choose between repairing or replacing the goods, subject to the cost conditions provided for in article L. 217-17 of the French Consumer Code.
– the buyer does not have to prove the non-conformity of the good during the 24 months in case of new goods (6 months in case of second-hand goods), following the delivery of the good.
14-2 Legal guarantee against hidden defects
In accordance with articles 1641 and following of the civil code, the seller is responsible for hidden defects that may affect the property sold. It is up to the buyer to prove that the defects existed at the time of the sale of the goods and are such as to render the goods unfit for the use for which they were intended. This guarantee must be implemented within two years from the discovery of the defect.
The buyer can choose between the resolution of the sale or a reduction of the price in accordance with Article 1644 of the Civil Code.
Article 15 – Right of withdrawal
Application of the right of withdrawal
In accordance with the provisions of the code of consumption, the purchaser has a period of 14 days from the date of delivery of his order, to return any item that does not suit him and ask for an exchange or refund without penalty, except for the cost of return which remains the responsibility of the purchaser.
The returns are to be made in their original condition and complete (packaging, accessories, instructions …) allowing their remarketing in new condition, accompanied by the purchase invoice.
The damaged, soiled or incomplete products are not taken back.
The right of withdrawal can be exercised online, using the withdrawal form available on this website. In this case, an acknowledgement of receipt on a durable medium will be immediately communicated to the buyer. Any other method of declaration of withdrawal is accepted. It must be unambiguous and express the will to withdraw.
In case of exercising the right of withdrawal within the above-mentioned period, the price of the product(s) purchased, and the delivery costs are refunded.
The return costs are at the buyer’s expense.
The exchange (subject to availability) or refund will be made within 7 days, and at the latest, within 14 days of receipt by the seller of the products returned by the buyer under the conditions provided above.
According to Article L221-28 of the Consumer Code, the right of withdrawal cannot be exercised for contracts:
– supply of goods whose price depends on fluctuations in the financial market beyond the control of the professional and likely to occur during the withdrawal period.
– supply of goods made to the consumer’s specifications or clearly personalized.
– supply of goods likely to deteriorate or expire quickly.
– the supply of goods which have been unsealed by the consumer after delivery and which cannot be returned for reasons of hygiene or health protection.
– the supply of goods which, after delivery and by their nature, are inseparably mixed with other articles.
– the supply of alcoholic beverages, the delivery of which is delayed beyond thirty days and the value of which agreed upon at the conclusion of the contract depends on fluctuations in the market beyond the control of the trader.
– maintenance or repair work to be carried out urgently at the consumer’s home and expressly requested by him, within the limit of spare parts and work strictly necessary to meet the emergency.
– supply of audio or video recordings or computer software when they have been unsealed by the consumer after delivery.
– the supply of a newspaper, periodical, or magazine, except for subscription contracts for these publications.
– of supply of a digital content not supplied on a material support whose execution started after prior express agreement of the consumer and express renunciation of his right of withdrawal.
Article 16 – Force majeure
Any circumstances beyond the control of the parties that prevent the performance of their obligations under normal conditions shall be considered as grounds for exemption from the obligations of the parties and shall result in their suspension.
The party invoking the above-mentioned circumstances shall immediately notify the other party of their occurrence and of their disappearance.
Will be considered as force majeure all facts or circumstances irresistible, external to the parties, unforeseeable, unavoidable, independent of the will of the parties and which could not be prevented by the latter, despite all reasonably possible efforts. Expressly, are considered as force majeure or fortuitous events, in addition to those usually retained by the jurisprudence of the courts and French tribunals: the blocking of means of transport or supplies, earthquakes, fires, storms, floods, lightning, the stoppage of telecommunication networks or difficulties specific to telecommunication networks external to the customers.
The parties will meet to examine the impact of the event and agree on the conditions under which the performance of the contract will be continued. If the case of force majeure lasts for more than three months, the present general conditions may be terminated by the injured party.
Article 17 – Intellectual Property
The content of the website remains the property of the seller, the sole owner of the intellectual property rights on this content.
The buyers commit themselves not to make any use of this content; any total or partial reproduction of this content is strictly forbidden and is likely to constitute a counterfeiting offence.
Article 18 – Data Processing and Liberties
The personal data provided by the buyer are necessary for the processing of his order and the establishment of invoices.
They can be communicated to the partners of the salesman in charge of the execution, the treatment, the management, and the payment of the orders.
The processing of information communicated through the website SPIRIT OF JUDO has been declared to the CNIL.
The purchaser has a permanent right of access, of modification, correction, and opposition with regard to information relating to it. This right can be exerted under the conditions and according to the methods defined on the site SPIRIT OF JUDO.
Article 19 – Partial no-validation
If one or several stipulations of the present general conditions are held to be invalid or declared as such in application of a law, a regulation or following a final decision of a competent jurisdiction, the other stipulations will keep all their force and their scope.
Article 20 – Non-Waiver
The fact that one of the parties does not avail itself of a breach by the other party of any of the obligations referred to in these terms and conditions shall not be interpreted for the future as a waiver of the obligation in question.
Article 21 – Title
In case of difficulty of interpretation between any of the titles appearing at the head of the clauses, and any of the clauses, the titles will be declared non-existent.
Article 22 – Language of the contract
The present general conditions of sale are written in French. In the event that they are translated into one or more foreign languages, only the French text will be deemed authentic in the event of a dispute.
Article 23 – Mediation and Dispute Resolution
The buyer can resort to a conventional mediation, in particular with the Commission of the mediation of consumption or with the existing authorities of sectorial mediation, or with any alternative mode of settlement of the disputes (conciliation, for example) in the event of dispute. The name contact details and e-mail address of the mediator are available on our website.
In accordance with Article 14 of Regulation (EU) No. 524/2013, the European Commission has set up an Online Dispute Resolution platform, facilitating the independent out-of-court settlement of online disputes between consumers and professionals in the European Union. This platform is accessible at the following link: https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/odr/
Article 24 – Applicable Law
The present general conditions are subject to the application of French law. The competent court is the judicial court.
It is so for the rules of substance as for the rules of form. In case of dispute or claim, the buyer will address in priority to the seller to obtain an amicable solution.
Article 25 – Protection of personal data
The personal data that are collected on this site are the following:
– account opening: during the creation of the user’s account, his name, first name, e-mail address, telephone number, postal address.
– connection: when the user connects to the website, it records, in particular, his name, first name, connection data, usage data, location data and payment data.
– profile: the use of the services provided on the website makes it possible to fill in a profile, which may include an address and a telephone number.
– payment: when paying for products and services offered on the website, the website records financial data relating to the user’s bank account or credit card.
– communication: when the website is used to communicate with other members, the data concerning the user’s communications is temporarily stored.
– cookies: cookies are used as part of the use of the site. The user has the possibility to deactivate the cookies from the settings of his browser.
Use of personal data.
The personal data collected from users is used to provide and improve the website services and to maintain a secure environment. Specifically, the uses are as follows:
– access and use of the website by the user.
– management of the operation and optimization of the website.
– organization of the conditions of use of the Payment Services.
– verification, identification, and authentication of the data transmitted by the user.
– offering the user, the possibility of communicating with other users of the website.
– implementation of user assistance.
– personalization of services by displaying ads based on the user’s browsing history and preferences.
– prevention and detection of fraud, malicious software, and management of security incidents
– management of possible disputes with users.
– sending commercial and advertising information, according to the user’s preferences.
Sharing personal data with third parties
Personal data may be shared with third party companies in the following cases:
– when the user uses the payment services, for the implementation of these services, the website is in relation with third party banking and financial companies with which it has contracts.
– when the user publishes, in the free comment areas of the website, information accessible to the public.
– when the user allows a third party’s website to access his/her data.
– when the website uses the services of service providers to provide user support, advertising, and payment services. These service providers have limited access to the user’s data in order to provide these services and are contractually obliged to use it in accordance with the provisions of the applicable regulations on the protection of personal data.
– if required by law, the website may carry out the transmission of data to follow up on claims made against the website and to comply with administrative and judicial procedures.
– if the website is involved in a merger, acquisition, sale of assets or receivership, it may be required to sell or share all or part of its assets, including personal data. In such a case, users will be notified before any personal data is transferred to a third party.
Security and privacy
The website implements organizational, technical, software and physical digital security measures to protect personal data from alteration, destruction, and unauthorized access. However, it should be noted that the internet is not a completely secure environment and the website cannot guarantee the security of the transmission or storage of information over the internet.
Implementation of users’ rights
In accordance with the regulations applicable to personal data, users have the following rights, which they can exercise by sending a request to the following address: email@example.com.
- the right of access: they can exercise their right of access to know the personal data concerning them. In this case, before implementing this right, the website may request proof of the user’s identity in order to verify its accuracy.
- the right of rectification: if the personal data held by the website are inaccurate, they can request the update of the information.
- – the right to data deletion: users may request the deletion of their personal data, in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
- – the right to restrict processing: users may request the website to restrict the processing of personal data in accordance with the assumptions set out in the GDPR.
- – the right to object to the processing of data: users may object to their data being processed in accordance with the assumptions provided for by the RGPD.
- – the right to portability: they can request that the website gives them the personal data provided to it in order to transmit them to a new website.
Evolution of this clause
Article L. 217-4: “The seller delivers a good in conformity with the contract and is responsible for the defects of conformity existing at the time of delivery.
He is also responsible for defects in conformity resulting from the packaging, the assembly instructions or the installation when the latter has been put at his charge by the contract or has been carried out under his responsibility.”
Article L. 217-5: “The goods conform to the contract:
1° If it is fit for the purpose usually expected of a similar good and, if applicable:
– if it corresponds to the description given by the seller and has the qualities that the seller presented to the buyer in the form of a sample or model.
– if it has the qualities that a buyer can legitimately expect in view of the public statements made by the seller, the producer, or his representative, in particular in advertising or labelling.
2° Or if it has the characteristics defined by mutual agreement between the parties or is fit for any special purpose sought by the buyer, brought to the attention of the seller and accepted by the latter.”
Article L. 217-6: “The seller is not bound by the public statements of the producer or his representative if it is established that he did not know them and was not legitimately in a position to know them.
Article L. 217-7: “Defects of conformity that appear within twenty-four months from the delivery of the goods are presumed to exist at the time of delivery, unless proven otherwise. For goods sold second-hand, this period is set at six months. The seller may fight this presumption if it is not compatible with the nature of the good or the claimed lack of conformity.”
Article L. 217-8: “The buyer is entitled to demand the conformity of the good to the contract. However, he may not contest the conformity by invoking a defect that he knew or could not ignore when he contracted. The same applies when the defect originates in the materials, he himself supplied.”
Article L. 217-9: “In the event of a lack of conformity, the buyer chooses between repairing or replacing the goods. However, the seller may not proceed according to the buyer’s choice if this choice entails a cost that is clearly disproportionate to the other method, given the value of the goods or the importance of the defect. He is then obliged to proceed, unless it is impossible, according to the method not chosen by the buyer.”
Article L. 217-10: “If the repair and replacement of the goods are impossible, the buyer may return the goods and have the price refunded or keep the goods and have part of the price returned. The same option is open to him: 1° If the solution requested, proposed, or agreed upon in application of article L. 217-9 cannot be implemented within a period of one month following the buyer’s complaint; 2° Or if this solution cannot be implemented without major inconvenience for the buyer, given the nature of the goods and the use he is seeking. However, the sale may not be cancelled if the lack of conformity is minor.
Article L. 217-11: The application of the provisions of Articles L. 217-9 and L. 217-10 shall take place at no cost to the buyer. These same provisions do not prevent the awarding of damages.
Article L. 217-12: “The action resulting from the lack of conformity is prescribed by two years as from the delivery of the goods.
Article L. 217-13: “The provisions of this section do not deprive the buyer of the right to exercise the action resulting from redhibitory defects as it results from Articles 1641 to 1649 of the Civil Code or any other action of a contractual or extra-contractual nature that is recognized by law.”
Article L. 217-14: “The recourse action may be exercised by the final seller against successive sellers or intermediaries and the producer of the tangible personal property, according to the principles of the Civil Code.
Article L. 217-15: “The commercial guarantee is any contractual commitment by a professional to the consumer to reimburse the purchase price, replace or repair the goods or provide any other service related to the goods, in addition to his legal obligations to ensure the conformity of the goods.
The commercial guarantee is the subject of a written contract, a copy of which is given to the buyer.
The contract specifies the content of the warranty, the terms of its implementation, its price, its duration, its territorial scope and the name and address of the guarantor.
In addition, it clearly and precisely mentions that, independently of the commercial guarantee, the seller remains bound by the legal guarantee of conformity mentioned in articles L. 217-4 to L. 217-12 and that relating to defects in the thing sold, under the conditions provided for in articles 1641 to 1648 and 2232 of the Civil Code.
The provisions of articles L. 217-4, L. 217-5, L. 217-12, and L. 217-16 as well as article 1641 and the first paragraph of article 1648 of the Civil Code are reproduced in full in the contract.
In the event of non-compliance with these provisions, the warranty shall remain valid. The purchaser is entitled to avail himself of it.”
Article L. 217-16: “When the buyer asks the seller, during the course of the commercial warranty granted to him at the time of the acquisition or repair of a movable good, for a repair covered by the warranty, any period of immobilization of at least seven days is added to the duration of the warranty that remained to run.
This period shall run from the date of the buyer’s request for intervention or from the time the item in question is made available for repair, if this availability is subsequent to the request for intervention.”
Article 1641: “The seller is bound by the warranty for latent defects of the thing sold which render it unfit for the purpose for which it was intended, or which so diminish this use that the buyer would not have acquired it or would only have given a lesser price for it, if he had known about them.”
Article 1648: “The action resulting from redhibitory defects must be brought by the purchaser within two years of the discovery of the defect. In the case provided for in article 1642-1, the action must be brought, under penalty of foreclosure, within one year of the date on which the seller may be relieved of the defects or lack of conformity”.